Our Enhanced Cleaning Standards
On May 22 The Blackburn Inn & Conference Center opened our doors to guests once again. We understand your concern about COVID-19 and are taking additional precautions. Our guests’ comfort and safety is our top priority.
The Blackburn Inn & Conference Center is proud to join AHLA’s SafeStay initiative by enhancing hotel cleaning practices and workplace protocols to help guests and employees feel confident during post-pandemic travel.
Hospitality at its core is an industry of people taking care of people. The safety of our guests and employees has always been our number one priority. Now as we work to reopen our hotel, we want to ensure travelers that The Blackburn Inn & Conference Center will be cleaner and safer than ever before when they are ready to resume traveling once again.
Our Disinfecting & Cleaning Procedures
- All linen is removed from the guest room after check-out and professionally laundered with commercial detergent and bleach.
- All bathroom surfaces are sprayed with a disinfectant cleaner. The cleaner is left on the surfaces while the beds are made with fresh linen.
- All bathroom surfaces are wiped clean, and floors are disinfected. Fresh towels from our commercial laundry are placed in the bathrooms.
- Keurig and refrigerator are cleaned with disinfectant. The ice container is sanitized, rinsed, and dried.
- Solid surface items in the living room and bedroom room, including TV and all remotes, are wiped down with disinfectant.
- All floors are swept and mopped with disinfectant.
Take Extra Precautions
We want everyone to enjoy their time with us but also to take extra precautions. Below are a few suggestions to consider.
- Travel by car and avoid crowded high traffic rest stops and restaurants when you are on the road.
- Wash hands frequently when traveling.
- Take advantage of our outdoor seating areas. Order delivery or take-out instead of going out to crowded restaurants.
- Have a family picnic or dinner on the patio or lawn.
- Remember the 6-foot rule. You can still walk our gardens and explore our historic property, but remember the social distancing rule of staying 6 feet away from others, not in your family.
- Use our Contactless Check-In and Check-Out. Your cell phone is your room key with our trusted partner, OpenKey!
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Blackburn Inn & Conference Center!