When was the last time you and your best gal pals spent time together and treated yourself to a weekend getaway? There’s nothing better than a girls’ trip! As you’re planning a girls’ weekend, consider staying at The Blackburn Inn and Conference Center in Staunton, VA. From wineries to shopping to spa packages, we have everything you need for an unbeatable vacation. Keep reading to learn how to plan the perfect girls’ getaway!
Part of planning a trip is learning about the best things to do in the area. Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, bachelorette party, alumni reunion, or just want to get away; the Shenandoah Valley is the perfect setting for a girls’ getaway. Learn more about how to have a blast in this area by referencing our complimentary Itinerary.
All About How To Plan the Perfect Girls’ Getaway
Take a list at our top picks for things to do during your trip with your best ladies.
1. Experience a Wine Tasting
Staunton sits in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, surrounded by agriculturally rich fields, farms, and vineyards. This makes it the perfect environment for growing grapes and creating wine! During your visit to this charming city, dive into its culture, and visit a local winery. You and your besties will have a blast sampling blends and finding your new favorite bottle. We know there are a plethora of wineries near Staunton, and some of our favorites include:
- Ox-Eye Vineyards (Located in Downtown Staunton)
- Barren Ridge Vineyards (Located in Fishersville, a 16-minute drive from Staunton)
- Rockbridge Vineyards (Located in Raphine, a 26-minute drive from Staunton)
2. Explore Downtown Staunton
Our charming small town, Staunton, is nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. This historic town has it all— a vibrant arts scene, delectable restaurants, locally-owned boutiques, and picture-perfect architecture and scenery. These are all the best elements for a memorable girls’ getaway! Some of our favorite stops to make in downtown Staunton include:
- Zynodoa Restaurant (eatery with upscale, farm-to-table Southern cuisine)
- Depot Grille (a favorite spot for steak and seafood)
- Staunton Antiques Center (three-story store selling rare antiques, charming vintage goods, and contemporary artistic creations)
- Harmony Moon (a one-of-a-kind shop founded on the principles of simple living, health, wellness, mindfulness, and caring for the earth)
- American Shakespeare Center’s Blackfriars Playhouse (the world’s only recreation of Shakespeare’s original indoor theatre)
3. Have a Spa Day
Our relaxing oasis has expanded! The Blackburn Inn and Conference Center has recently become home to a brand-new luxurious spa. Treat yourself and join us for a relaxing, rejuvenating, and tranquil experience at our spa. With our array of luxury services, you’re sure to experience the healing power of serenity here in the Shenandoah Valley. Some of the fantastic spa services that you can enjoy include:
- Spa pedicure and manicures
- Hand and foot reflexology
- Herbal facials
- Swedish aromatherapy massage
- Deep stone massage
Make the Blackburn Inn and Conference Center Your Home Base
Now that you know how to plan the perfect girls’ getaway, you can focus on selecting your accommodations. The Blackburn Inn is hands-down the best option for you in the Shenandoah Valley. We have everything you need! From spacious guest rooms to delicious breakfast to excellent amenities, your girls’ trip will be top-notch. Be sure to contact our inn if you’re interested in reserving multiple room blocks. We’re happy to help you in any way that we can!
It’s time to start planning your vacation. Check our availability and reserve your accommodations today!