There’s no better time than the present to plan a romantic getaway in Virginia. Between the rolling Blue Ridge Mountains and the picturesque Shenandoah Valley, it’s easy to see why they say “Virginia is for lovers.” Continue reading to learn more about how you can plan a fantastic romantic weekend getaway in Virginia.
As you plan your Shenandoah valley vacation, be sure to download our complimentary Shenandoah Valley Itinerary. It contains local insight on the area’s best places to visit, including restaurants, outdoor activities, historic sites, and more!
The Ultimate Romantic Getaway in Virginia
Do you live in Washington, D.C., or Baltimore? It’s time for you to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and reconnect with your loved one with a Virginia mountain getaway. Head to the charming town of Staunton, VA. It features everything you need for a magical romantic getaway in Virginia, including a luxurious hotel for you to stay in—The Blackburn Inn and Conference Center.
Things To Do
There’s something for everyone to enjoy in Staunton and the Shenandoah Valley.
- Hiking – People travel from near and far to gaze at the unbelievable views of the Shenandoah Valley. You have to hike to reach some of these points, but that’s part of the fantastic adventure! Some of the can’t-miss spots for hiking in Staunton include the Thomas Jefferson National Forest, Appalachian Trail, Shenandoah National Park, and Humpback Rocks.
- Explore Downtown – Our beautiful town has it all—a vibrant arts scene, delectable restaurants, locally-owned boutiques, and picture-perfect architecture and scenery. Spend a day visiting some of our favorite spots in downtown Staunton, including Depot Grille, Staunton Antiques Center, and American Shakespeare Center’s Blackfriars Playhouse.
- Wine Tasting – Staunton sits in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, surrounded by agriculturally rich fields, farms, and vineyards. During your visit, dive into its culture, and visit a local winery. We know there are a plethora of wineries near Staunton, Virginia, so we’ve laid out the best of the best for you. Our favorite local wineries include Ox-Eye Vineyards, Barren Ridge Vineyards, and Rockbridge Vineyards.
Turn the Romance Up
The Blackburn Inn and Conference Center is happy to provide you with an array of exclusive packages to add to your stay to elevate the mood.
- In-Room Wine – Receive a bottle of our local Virginia Red or Virginia White. Two Blackburn Inn and Conference Center wine glasses and a wine key are also provided.
- Soaking Tub Essential Package – Enjoy your soaking tub room with a bath bomb, massage oil, and candle in our signature scent.
Stay in a Romantic Hotel in the Heart of Staunton
After a day exploring our breathtaking town and area, lay your head in a plush queen-sized bed at The Blackburn Inn and Conference Center. Treat yourself to pure bliss and luxury when you stay in our Deluxe Queen Room with Soaker Tub. You’ll fall in love with the Egyptian cotton sheets and rejuvenating rainfall shower. Check our availability and start planning your romantic retreat today. We can’t wait to host you.